Restorative Yoga Class Now Online
Experience the combination of Restorative yoga and Yoga Nidra practices to help you unwind and release the stresses of the previous month allowing you to enjoy your down time ready to face whatever the coming month has in store.
Restorative Yoga uses props- bolsters, cushions etc. to avoid strain on the body. Designed to allow yogi’s to still practise when the body is unable to practice stronger postures due to illness.
Restorative yoga contains postures that move the spine in all directions and focuses on slowing down and opening your body through passive stretching, deep breathing and long holds of supported, modified postures. The use of visual imagery, breath techniques and descriptive language by the teacher allows students to go deeper into introspection and mindfulness.
- Accessible, anyone can practise this type of yoga
- Helps calm and deactivate the sympathetic nervous system/ fight or flight
- Helps encourage and activate parasympathetic nervous system/ rest and restore
- Improves circulation
- Increases flexibility and mobility
- Decreases pain and quietens the pain centre of the brain
- Promotes relaxation and rejuvenation of the body and mind
- Reduces anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress related heart disease
- Increases self-awareness and introspection
- A great treat to practice yoga if you’re under stress or injured.
- Increases your immune system and ability to fight disease and illness
- Decreases cortisol in the body, and may contribute to weight loss.
Yoga Nidra/Yogic Sleep
Similar to guided meditation, you consciously take yourself through different brain wave patterns and sleep stages
to bring yourself to deep relaxation while remaining conscious.
- 45 minutes of Yoga Nidra is equivalent to 3 hours sleep
- The brain will catergorise and digest memories and transfer them from short term to long term storage
- Your brain will prune old neurons in no longer needs or that have died
- The body sends 1/5 of your blood to the brain
- Stress reduces
- Reduced Blood pressure
- Hormones are produced and regulated
- Improved heart health
- Improved memory and retaining more new information
- Immune system boost